Thinning or balding hair can be a source of insecurity for many people. That’s why many patients have turned to American Surgical Arts for NeoGraft hair restoration in Mullica Hill, NJ. With this treatment, individual hair follicles are extracted and grafted onto the targeted area. Their experts ensure each hair is placed carefully to meet the appropriate density and position to blend in with the surrounding hairs. Following your hair restoration treatment, it’s important to understand the best way to care for your hair.
Are the Results Permanent?
Following your procedure, these new follicles may take some time to grow, and you may even notice some shedding, which is completely normal. It means that the treatment is effective. In the long term, your hair will continue to grow and change as normal hair would. That also means that, like normal hair, it can thin as you age.
How To Care for Your Hair Following Hair Restoration
Following your hair restoration treatment, be sure to adhere to all instructions for after-care, including a modified hair-washing routine. This includes:
- Utilizing the recommended shampoo or cleanser to keep the site clean and prevent infection.
- Avoiding direct sunlight.
- Avoiding physical activities that could lead to excessive sweating.
Once you have reached a couple of months post-hair reconstruction, your procedure site should be fully healed, and you can resume your everyday activities. However, there are a few long-term care instructions you should keep in mind:
- Be sure to attend all follow-up appointments with your doctor to ensure you are healing correctly.
- Remember that hair growth takes time and to be patient, awaiting your results.
- It would be best to be cautious about exposing the site to direct sunlight for the first few months.
- Avoid shaving the hair until at least six months after the procedure. Use scissors to trim in the meantime.
In time, and following the growth of new hair follicles, you will be able to see the full results of your procedure and return to caring for your hair as usual.
Contact American Surgical Arts Today
If you have any questions about caring for your hair after hair restoration or are interested in treatment, contact American Surgical Arts today. Their plastic surgeons and their experienced medical team strive to provide natural results to enhance the confidence of their patients. Contact their office today at (856) 362-8898 or submit a contact form. They proudly serve Mullica Hills, NJ, and the surrounding areas.